It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to copy/move modules from one project to the other?

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Oct 14 '15, 5:57 a.m.
I have 2 projects which are mad of different project  templates. I want to move one module from one project to another . Please let me know if its possible

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Oct 16 '15, 3:08 a.m.

Hi Lakshmi,

Can you give more details which applications this projects are created in (RTC,RQM or RM etc ..) and  which version ?

Which Modules are you referring, can you give more details ?

Regards,
Arun.

3 answers

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Oct 22 '15, 8:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello lakshmi

You can use a ReqIF file to export a module from one project, and the import the ReqIF file to import the module into another project.  Here is a link to the info center where you can find information on how to create a ReqIF file for export, and steps on importing it into another project. 

Knowledge Center: Importing and exporting ReqIF files in requirements projects

I hope this helps.

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031237) | answered Oct 16 '15, 10:43 a.m.
I am not sure whether you are trying to copy the modules from the same server. If it is from different server , definitely the answer is No.

permanent link
Andy Lapping (6838) | answered Oct 16 '15, 5:37 a.m.
6.0.1 has a cross project copy wizard:

Cross-project copy wizard

You can copy artifacts between projects by using a wizard. To copy artifacts between projects, the target project must already contain the same artifact types, artifact attributes, and attribute data types, including identical RDF URIs, for the artifacts being copied as the source project. The wizard is initiated from the target project and guides you through selecting artifacts from the source project, starting the copy, and reporting progress. A copy report is displayed when the operation is complete.

You can download the M4 milestone here:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-doors-next-generation/milestones/6.0.1M4?p=news#TOC_97850

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.