It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC 5.0.2: Unable to resolve the conflict occured for both outgoing and incoming change sets of the same file.

Muhammad Moid (141534) | asked Oct 13 '15, 10:22 a.m.
edited Oct 16 '15, 8:37 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi All,

I was following this article "https://jazz.net/library/article/1439" as an example for my practice but stucked on the step where I need to resolve the conflicts occurred on the same file for both outgoing and incoming.

When I try to accept incoming changes or deliver outgoing changes, it throws below error:

CRRTC5042E: Cannot deliver changes since they would create conflicts for item '/Calculator_Plus_Module/Calculator_Plus_Module/Form1.cs' in component 'Component 'User1_Calculator_PlusModule''. Try accepting all incoming changes, resolve the conflicts, then deliver again.

I have also tried to resolve this issue with the following link but no luck.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_conflict_content.html&scope=null

Do we need to merge the files? If yes, then any assistance on it will be very helpful.

Regards,
Muhammad Moid 

Comments
Chris McGee commented Oct 20 '15, 3:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Muhammad,

Are you using the Visual Studio IDE or Eclipse?

Thanks,
Chris

Muhammad Moid commented Oct 21 '15, 3:03 a.m.

I am using Visual Studio IDE

2 answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 15 '15, 2:52 a.m.
Hi Muhammad,

Find the below articles, good infor to startup with examples.

https://jazz.net/library/article/39

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Oct 13 '15, 1:48 p.m.
Hi Muhammad,

If your usecase is to resolve conflict between two streams.

1) Stream1 is flow target to Stream2
2) RWS1 is Flow Target to Stream1
3) hello.java common file has been modified from two different location ( eg: Stream1 and Stream2)
4) Now the conflict accours when you try to deliver the changes from RWS1 to Stream1  ( Assumeing the hello.java file has modified and deliver by other user into Stream2)
4) Change the flow target of RWS1 to Stream2
5) Accept the changes into RWS1
6) Change the flow target back  to RWS1 to Stream1
7) Resolve the conflict using on of the below options.
    a) Auto Resolve
    b) Resolve with proposed
   c) Resolve with mine
   d) Open in compare editor ( do it manually)
Save the changes and it will create a new Changeset and it can be Delivered .
8) Deliver the changes from RWS1 to Deliver1

Note: If you don't have any latest common changes , their shouldn't be any conflict between stream1 <> Stream2

9) Deliver the changes from Stream1 to Stream2

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Muhammad Moid commented Oct 14 '15, 10:56 a.m. | edited Oct 14 '15, 11:08 a.m.

Dear Arun,

Thank you for responding. Basically in the article we have 3 streams i.e. Dev, Main Integration and Bug Fix stream. However, I am looking for the merging solution as you mentioned in step # 7 but I could find these options in RTC, also I am unable to edit in compare editor (Note: When I open the compare editor it only opens in Read only mode). It would be good if you could share some example or exercise of merging activity in RTC

Regards,
Muhammad Moid

Chris McGee commented Oct 21 '15, 1:48 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Muhammad,

To resolve conflicts you can use the pending changes view. When you accept a change set into your repository workspace with a conflict you will sometimes get a prompt whether you want to auto-resolve the conflict using a text merger. If you choose to wait until later to resolve the conflicts or the auto-merge fails then they will be shown in the pending changes view underneath a folder called "Unresolved." If you double-click on the files in there you should get a comparison that will show you the difference between what you have and the proposed version. If you want to resolve with mine/proposed they should be available in the context menu in the pending changes view.

I hope that this helps,
Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.