It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where has the 'My Profile' tab gone?

Craig Hibbert (307) | asked Oct 13 '15, 4:27 a.m.
edited Oct 13 '15, 4:55 a.m.
 Hello,

I have logged into jazz.net as normal.  If I click on my name (header bar, on the right), I get the expected drop-down menu with 'Change profile' and 'Log out' options.

If I choose the 'FORUM' option from the header bar, I expect to get a main panel with 5 tabs.
'Questions', 'Tags', 'Users', 'Badges' and 'My profile'

As of yesterday, I no longer get the 'My profile' tab.  I also cannot mark answers as the accepted answer, add comments or answer questions.  It would appear that whilst the header bar knows I'm logged in, the lower pane does not.

I have tried...
1) log out and log back in, via the header bar.
2) Log in using the 'log in' link at the bottom of the main pane.
3) Log out.  Close the browser. Reopen the browser. Log in.

All are giving me the same result.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT (2015.10.13 T9:51) When attempting to post this question I was asked to log in.  Upon entering my credentials, I was taken to a 403 (forbidden) error page.  The page had very little detail on it but a note that I could get more details by using DEBUG=True.  I appended '?DEBUG=True' to the end of the URL and reloaded the page with the modified URL.  This time the question posted successfully and I note that the 'My Profile' tab is back.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 13 '15, 5:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 13 '15, 5:18 a.m.
Craig,

I have seen weird stuff sometimes. Right now I logged into the forum. I did not see the "My profile" tab. I went to my profile and was not logged in... I logged in - again and was able to now see my profile tab.

I had to delete my browsing history several times in the past to overcome this kind of problems. I am not sure what causes it, but sometimes the browsers just seem to get confused, possibly due to session data that gets inconsistent.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.