It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Could not find or load main class WorkshopSetup.jar

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Oct 13 '15, 1:41 a.m.
I am following this article https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

I used Installation managers to install CLM 5.0.2 and RTC eclipse client. However directory in my system is same as the one shown in workshop. When I open WorkshopSetup.bat in notepad first line I see is

"set JAVA_HOME=..\TeamConcert\jazz\client\eclipse\jdk"

but in my system jdk folder is directly under TeamConcert folder therefore in WorkshopSetup.bat file I changed first line as

"set JAVA_HOME=..\TeamConcert\jdk"

When I try to run WorkshopSetup.bat file it is showing me error as "Could not find or load main class WorkshopSetup.jar" How do I resolve this problem I am performing this workshop on CLM version 5.0.2

Comments
Sajjad Ali Khan commented Oct 13 '15, 2:50 a.m. | edited Oct 13 '15, 3:01 a.m.

Ralph Schoon
Thanks brother for replying me, i had download RTC client repo from this link "https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2/RTC-Client-Eclipse4.2-repo-5.0.2-iFix008.zip"

I would be very much thankful to you if you can help me out to resolve this issue as i really need to exercise plugin development in order to proceed towards implementing customize requirements in RTC

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 13 '15, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to go for https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2/RTC-Client-Win64-5.0.2.zip and unzip that to .../TeamConcert and keep the path unchanged.

I will try to find time to try out your link this week. No promises. If you want to unblock yourself, try the other download.

Sajjad Ali Khan commented Oct 13 '15, 3:20 a.m. | edited Oct 13 '15, 6:31 a.m.

Ralph Schoon

Thanks Ralph, I have start downloading RTC client from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2/RTC-Client-Win64-5.0.2.zip

Will let you know the results.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 13 '15, 7:29 a.m.

I can reproduce the effect with your download, but I don't have the slightest idea why it happens.

It will take some time. I think it is likely the jdk and how the JAR is made.

Sajjad Ali Khan commented Oct 13 '15, 8:24 a.m. | edited Oct 13 '15, 8:32 a.m.

Ralph Schoon

Thanks brother for letting me know that the issue reproduce at your end too.

Yes you can take your time to analyze it but i would appreciate if you reach to the concrete information as early as possible because finding early solution for this issue would be great for me.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 13 '15, 8:31 a.m.
edited Oct 13 '15, 8:33 a.m.
The issue is, that for whatever reason the java version that ships with the IM package does not work correctly with the order of the parameters. Especially the parameter -jar
It wants the command line to use:
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\java -Djava.ext.dirs=%PLAIN_JAVA%;%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/ext -cp %PLAIN_JAVA% -jar WorkshopSetup.jar %REPOSITORY% %USERID% %PASSWORD%

Note, I just moved the parameter -jar in front of the JAR file.
The original in the files was:
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\java -jar -Djava.ext.dirs=%PLAIN_JAVA%;%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/ext -cp %PLAIN_JAVA% WorkshopSetup.jar %REPOSITORY% %USERID% %PASSWORD%

I will fix that, but this would be something for a new version of the workshop.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 13 '15, 2:05 a.m.
It is very unlikely that this is a result of the JDK path, since Java seems to be starting up.
Maybe this is due to using a 32 bit version of Java?
I am not sure. I have seen questions like this in the past, but I have never been able to reproduce this. I don't use the Installation Manager version of the client, I always use the zip version (64 bit).
I would need to know exactly which Client you installed and how to may be reproduce this. I have very few time available this week, however. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.