It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC WCL 2.2. Find workitem

Pavel Cikota (13510) | asked Oct 09 '15, 5:41 a.m.
 How I can get some attribute of WorkItem by find-filter?

For example I need to update some WorkItem (WI). I have similar WI on 2 Jazz-Server (Jazz-A, Jazz-B) with one unique workitem attribute (internal unique "custom id"). In Jazz-A set some change in WI, then Jazz-A send e-mail with change-information. I parse this message and make a bat-file with commands for WCL for synchronization WI between Jazz-A & Jazz-B. External ID of Jazz-A WI and Jazz-B are different (but they have internal unique id). I need find External ID of WI by unique custom id, and then make a -update by WCL.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 09 '15, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am absolutely unable to understand the question here. You might want to try to edit your question and refine it following the guidance in How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? to allow forum member to understand what the requirement is.

If you refer to https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/a-rtc-workitem-command-line-version-2-2/ , please follow the links and see the documentation in the earlier posts as mentioned. The WCL mentioned supports commands

• Create work items
  • Update work items
  • Show the attributes ID’s available for a work item type in a project area

WCL 2.2 does not support reading a work item and retrieving the data in attributes. As it is, and as the documentation mentions, the input data for the commands is the string representation of the object and, for hierarchical items, the complete path.

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Oct 09 '15, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Pavel, have you tried advanced workitem querying? This might help get the workitem external ids which can act as inputs to the synchronization you intend to perform.

I found another forum post which sounds similar : https://jazz.net/forum/questions/88373/rtc-to-rtc-bridge

Best Regards
Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.