It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 502 Upgrade order

Naveen V (791257) | asked Oct 07 '15, 12:25 p.m.

One quick question. I am referring RM upgrade tech-note and found that we need to follow the below order

Upgrade Jazz Team Server first, and then upgrade the RM application. Finally, upgrade the other CLM applications

it means we need to follow JTS --> RM --> CCM --> QM upgrade order? Is this mandatory. What if we follow
JTS --> CCM --> QM --> RM upgrade order ?

Does any one have any experience on it?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Marek Siekierski (817510) | answered Oct 07 '15, 12:42 p.m.
Hi Naveen,

Can you please post a link to the tech note you are referring to? I am not aware of the requirement to upgrade the applications in this order. As long as the JTS is upgraded first, it should not matter which order the other applications are upgraded in.

Comments
Naveen V commented Oct 07 '15, 1:39 p.m.

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 07 '15, 2:23 p.m.

I think RM must come after JTS as QM/RTC could have dependencies in RM which will break as the RM URI will change from containing /jts to /rm.   So, if you have a suite all within one application server or just JTS + 1 RM, QM, RTC, then I'd say follow the order.

If you distribute applications ( i.e. more than 1 JTS and/or more than one RTC, QM to a jts ), then after JTS and RM are upgraded, the order of the remaining is less important.

Naveen V commented Oct 07 '15, 4:05 p.m.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. My all 3 applications are hosted in one WAS profile so I will follow JTS --> RM --> QM --> RTC as you recommended.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.