It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE - Center text on a page

Julie DeMeester (13615) | asked Oct 06 '15, 5:53 p.m.

I have a paragraph with a text box and I am trying to get the text centered on the page.  Does anyone know how to do this.  I have tried using tables, but I can't seem to get that to work either. 

I do not want to use a style sheet because I want to load this template directly into RQM so that other users can run the report without having to deal with RPE. 

Also, at the top of the page, I want to display three icons, one left justified, one in the center and  one right justified.  Is there a way to do this. 

I also tried to center text in the header and footer, but that doesn't seem to be possible either.  Is there a java script snippet that you can use to center text. 

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 07 '15, 2:29 a.m.
You can do this in multiple ways.

For the Paragraph element, you can set Alignment property as "center" (Under Properties->Padding, indents & spacing tab) so that its content is aligned to Center.

In the Master Page Header, insert a table with 3 columns. Set Table auto fit to "autofit to window" (under Properties->Specific tab) and insert Image element in each column. For the 1st Image, set Image alignment to "left" and for 2nd and 3rd Image elements, set it to "center" and "right" respectively. In the output, you should see three icons, one left justified, one in the center and  one right justified.

In case you still see any issues, you may share your template so that we can modify it as required.

Regards,
Prasad (subprasad@in.ibm.com)
Julie DeMeester selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Julie DeMeester commented Oct 12 '15, 3:53 p.m.

Saved me lots of time instead of looking at all the options available to me.  THANKS!

One other answer

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814261) | answered Oct 06 '15, 6:39 p.m.
If you look at the Paragraph element (not the text element), there is a setting under Padding, indents & spacing. The setting is "Alignment". Does that work?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.