It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WorkItemUI. showWorkItems() can have customized columns in RTC results

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Oct 06 '15, 6:02 a.m.
 Hi All,

I am using com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.WorkItemUI. showWorkItems()  to display the results in eclipse client.
 But It doesn't all ow use to customized columns in the results. So is there other function/ method where I can pass attribute names to display as columns.

Thanks,
Kavita

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 07 '15, 8:31 a.m.
none of that is documented, so I doubt anyone can help.  As I've worked thru many of the internal classes,  they were not designed to be general purpose.

Comments
kavita herur commented Dec 14 '15, 6:36 a.m.

Thanks Sam, surprised to hear that there is no API method with that I can display the query result in work Items window with my own columns set in query

kavita herur commented Mar 16 '16, 5:37 a.m.

one more issue I found is - this API WorkItemUI. showWorkItems() shows result with "Created by" column 2 times.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 16 '16, 7:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This "API" was designed to be able to code the product and not to be an easy to consume API for users. So your expectations are probably too high. It is obviously possible to display queries with a defined set of columns,. However how the RTC Eclipse SDK does this remains to be discovered. The method above does not seem to be able to pass the columns to display.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.