It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What do you think of "active work item" functionality?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Oct 05 '15, 4:56 p.m.
edited Oct 05 '15, 4:56 p.m.
What I'd really like to see in the RTC Eclipse client is the ability to "narrow focus" to the "active work item".

I often use the "Set as Current Work Item" feature in order to associate all the changes I make in my workspace to the same work item.  The project I work on most has about two dozen components so it helps to narrow the focus to those that I'm "actively" working on.

An existing Eclipse functionality using Mylyn is the ability to focus on the active task.  This narrows the context of your work to show only the files that have been working on with the active task.

It would be great if RTC offered the same functionality with work items.  I couldn't find that as an existing feature nor could I find an RFE for it.  Does anyone know of a way to do this or have any comments?

- Andy

p.s.  on a related sidenote, does anyone know of a way within the UI to deliver all of a particular workitem across all components at once?  In the command line, this can be done by lscm deliver -s "workspace name" -W <workitem> but I'm not sure if the UI has an equivalent.  I found the "locate changesets" but it doesn't allow you to deliver from the provided context menu.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 06 '15, 3:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to raise an enhancement request use this community: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=changeRequestLanding&BRAND_ID=1

or create a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 06 '15, 3:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I use the Mywork view to focus on the tasks that are important to me.

Andy Jewell commented Oct 06 '15, 10:46 a.m.

I recently came upon the My Work view -- it's awesome.  However, it doesn't provide actual mylyn-like "active task" focus.

Thanks for the links - I added RFE 77955.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.