It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Datawarehouse jobs not running. Seems to be errors in the setup. How much data will be lost if they are recreated

Michael Johnson (44618) | asked Oct 05 '15, 8:59 a.m.

I installed RTC 5.0.2 and everything seemed fine until we realized that there was no status of datawarehouse jobs ever being run.  This is on Oracle 11g. 

My question is:  If I drop all of the datawarehouse tables and user and recreate - would the historical data be recreated from the ccm tables.  What am I going to lose? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Grazielle Codogno (1536) | answered Oct 06 '15, 9:40 a.m.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.reporting.admin.doc/topics/t_running_the_data_collection_jobs.html
Michael Johnson selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Grazielle Codogno (1536) | answered Oct 06 '15, 9:38 a.m.
My questions to you, is .. why would you do that ?
If the jobs never been run, probably your actual DW is still not populated, what you'll have to do is make sure the jobs are enabled and running to have the data necessary to your DW.
If they never run before, you should run the Full Load , ok ?

permanent link
Grazielle Codogno (1536) | answered Oct 06 '15, 9:35 a.m.
Hi Michael

To answer your question: If you drop all the datawarehouse tables and users and create a new database, the historical data will be populate again, to your new DW database.
You'll need to make sure to run the full load jobs to that happens ok ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.