It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Incorrect object library on IBM i dependency build

Melissa Weaver (621215) | asked Oct 04 '15, 5:25 p.m.
I saw a similar post for 4.0.3, and checked all the items indicated.  We have multiple iprojects in the build that are setup to output to different source and object libraries per project.  .  I changed the translators to use &srclib and &objlib.  The projects have the enterprise extentions set to different source and object libraries for each project.   The source lib appears to work correctly, but the object lib does not.  It appears to pick up the library from a different iproject.  Below AP project is WRONG,   GL Project is correct.

The translator says:
CRTRPGMOD MODULE(&OBJLIB/&O) SRCFILE(&SRCLIB/&F) SRCMBR(&N) OPTION(*EVENTF)

Any assistance would be helpful.   Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
alfonso rodriguez (121) | answered Oct 05 '15, 6:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Melissa,

What search paths are being used by the translators? also is there missing information from the original question?; I do not see any information about the referenced AP and GL projects ...

Thanks

Comments
Melissa Weaver commented Oct 06 '15, 9:56 a.m.

I was not completely clear.  I have two iprojects -  each project has the enterprise extensions set to different source and object libraries in each project AP to APT libs. GL to GLT libs.

when the build runs with an object in each project, I get in my build results.

membera (apt project)              apt_Source                        glt_object   (problem)
     memberB (glt project)               glt_source                          glt_object 
What am I doing incorrectly? 

alfonso rodriguez commented Oct 06 '15, 3:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Melissa,
What search path is being used by the translator(s)? it could be that the object library in the search path is set explicitly to glt; if so, try clearing the object library.

permanent link
Melissa Weaver (621215) | answered Oct 20 '15, 3:40 p.m.
It was determined that this was a bug in Rel 6.0.  Fixed in Rel 6.0.1.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.