It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting assign user to access work item untill the state of work item get changed

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Oct 02 '15, 6:41 a.m.

Hi All,

I hope all are doing well, i want your assistance in following scenario, kindly look into this

Scenario:
In a customize Change Request workitem there are 2 different type of users i.e. Team Lead & Dept. Head. when the Change Request being created then Team Lead will be able work on the Change Requests and he will change the status of change request after changing status, system will generate Email notification to the Dept. Head and the same change request will be assign to Dept. head and he will be taking care of things against which he assigned.

What i have implemented so far:
1, i have created a customized RTC work item of Change Request.
2, In Change Request work item i have created two custom attributes called Team Lead & Dept. Head which are Contributor type attributes
3, Both custom attributes are in the same workitem
4, After selecting user in Team lead & Dept. Head dropdown then system assign same Change Request to the both users but i want to assign change request on the basis of state change and also i want to generate email notification to the Team Lead & Dept. Head when the state of work item get changed.

Regards,
SAJJAD

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 02 '15, 6:53 a.m.
there is nothing provided out of the box to do this. You will have to write a service side set of extensions.

Advisor to prevent unassigned user from saving changes
Participant to 'assign user on state change'

either can send email.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.