It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can DOORS Next Gen automatically detects Term in requirement description and link them to the glossary?

nicolas teulier (821813) | asked Sep 30 '15, 8:45 p.m.
Hi,

very simple use case, I'm migrating an existing project from Excel to DOORS Next Gen.
I create my glossary with artefacts of type "Term".
I import my 4000 requirements.
That's good.

Now, I would like to parse these requirements to link part of their description to the appropriate term.
For example, I have a Term artefact to define the "AMR" acronym. How can I do to make sure that every time I encounter "AMR" in a requirement description, it is linked with a "Term Referenced From" link?

This can't be a manual process as it will be very long and there will be many errors.

Is it possible in DOORS Next Gen? Or should I submit a new feature request?

Cheers,
Nico

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 01 '15, 7:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can add your voice to this enhancement request:
37806: Provide automatic glossary term association in textual artifacts

If you want to do this yourself ...I imagine a JavaScript extension could be written that enables the user to do this for the current artifact (including modules).  The extension widget would be invoked from the mini-dashboard in the DOORS NG user interface.
nicolas teulier selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
nicolas teulier (821813) | answered Oct 01 '15, 7:50 a.m.
Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your answer.
I wanted to avoid the JavaScript extension... but I might have to do so waiting for the enhancement request implementation.

Cheers,

Nico

permanent link
Mitch G (2710) | answered Sep 21 '20, 12:36 a.m.

It's now 2020... I wonder if we have a solution to this yet?

Comments
nicolas teulier commented Sep 21 '20, 6:51 a.m.

Carol Watson commented Sep 22 '20, 4:21 p.m.

Done!  I'd love to see this enhancement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.