It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TO access SCM/CM data which is more better Plain Java API's or OSLC API's?

vijayakumar ramesh (1173760) | asked Sep 30 '15, 4:44 a.m.
Wanted to know the which API's are more efficient in terms of programming and faster execution time?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kohji Ohsawa (5951310) | answered Sep 30 '15, 5:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Vijaya,

I am not sure what you have in your mind, but I think Plain Java is more efficient. Because it have more methods than OSLC services. In terms of execution time, it totally depends on what you are going to do. If you think to follow the OSLC spec (RootSerivice -> Catalog -> Services), Plain Java is more faster and easier to do a same thing. 
vijayakumar ramesh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 30 '15, 8:02 a.m.

I wanted to fetch the Change sets of Component belonging to particular baseline, I have  implemented this in Plain Java client libraries, wanted to know  is it more efficient using OSLC API's

vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 30 '15, 8:04 a.m. | edited Sep 30 '15, 8:14 a.m.

I wanted to fetch the Change sets of Component belonging to particular baseline, I have  implemented this in Plain Java client libraries, wanted to know  is it more efficient using OSLC API's

Kohji Ohsawa commented Sep 30 '15, 8:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If that's the case, I do believe Plain Java has an advantage because you need to know both OSLC CM and OSLC SCM that are different. I think you are going to a right way.

vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 30 '15, 8:14 a.m.

Thanks for the info and support :)

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 30 '15, 6:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The OSLC Configuration Management API has not yet been approved (it is still in Draft status).   RTC does have an implementation of the current draft, but note that it is subject to change (because it has not yet been approved), and note that it only provides access to a relatively small, albeit important, subset of RTC SCM functionality.   In particular, the draft does not define access to change sets, so you cannot use the draft specification for the use case you describe.

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Oct 02 '15, 6:00 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey for more info on OSLC API's :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.