It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Best Practice on Test Suite Execution

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Sep 29 '15, 8:32 a.m.
CLM 502

My dept has 300 test cases split in to 3 Test Suites,. Our test execution only happens through test suites...that's fine. However here is the problem scenario:

I have a test suite with 100 test cases. I execute and find 3 defects with 3 of the test cases. In a perfect world, after the defects have been fixed, I should execute the whole test suite again. In Reality, they want me to re-execute just those 3 cases and see the results of the TSER. However, the users are selecting to skip the passed and execute the failed, and it leaves the TSER with a "count/weight/points" of just the 3 that were executed. Is there a better way to handle this?

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 30 '15, 3:51 a.m.

If the test cases have dependency among them in your test suite, then it should be run again. I am not sure if you have 100 dependent test cases or randomly group that number of test cases into the test suite. So further separate test cases into more test suites may be necessary if running a specific number of test cases only are a concern in term of "count/weight/points". At the end, it is TCER within TSER are mattered(they are executed).

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Oct 06 '15, 4:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Mahari,

The option you have is to choose previous result's TSER and select 'Exclude Passed From Execution', but it will have "count/weight/points" of only tests they were executed.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.