It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to migrate exising Eclipse java project to JAZZ

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked Sep 28 '15, 10:37 a.m.

We've been stumbling on this but have not fully figured it out.  We have a few ecplise based java projects that user have a loaded JAZZ sandbox for.   The developers opted to use a ecplise workspace outside of JAZZ to do some changes/refactoring on the Java project.   We've tried  to take all the code and project files from that workspace and put them in the JAZZ sandbox to add them to jazz.

When we add the files to jazz (checkin) and then switch the ecplise workspace to the JAZZ sandbox, we can't get the project to open property even after importing that existing project into the workspace. 

There are 2 main failures we noted:

1 - the original java project gets converted to a simple project in Jazz

2 - it loses its main class.

Where are we going wrong?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 28 '15, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might have missed to share hidden files.
The best option would be to import the projects into Eclipse. Make sure the projects are recognized as Java Projects and all works well. Then share the project to the component. 

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Sep 28 '15, 11:26 a.m.

Well this is the whole issue isn't it. We copied the entire dir/workspace contents from one dir (a working java project) to another (a jazz sandbox). This included hidden files. We even did a beyond compare of the 2 folders with no luck 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 28 '15, 11:33 a.m. | edited Sep 28 '15, 11:34 a.m.

I can't look at what you did. I can just point out what I think. I have shared a ton of Java projects in Eclipse - from the Eclipse Workspace - and I have never had any problem.
So, consider to import the project into the Eclipse workspace and share it again against the same component after making sure the project file and the Java nature works.

I don't understand why you moved it out of the Eclipse workspace in the first place.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 28 '15, 11:39 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.