It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS-NG: "Duplicate Module" is loosing "Validated by" links?

Holger Schmid (1325) | asked Sep 24 '15, 8:10 a.m.
I'm using the sandbox for "6.0.1M3 with Configuration Management".

In the requirements management I created a module containing a few requirements. In quality management I created a few testcases and linked the testcases to the appropriate requirements.
In the next step I would like to duplicate the requirements module using the "Duplicate module" function. Under "Copy items from the original artifact" I select "Copy links".

After the new module has been created, it looks like all links to the testcases have not been copied in the new module. Other links (e.g. "Satisfied by", etc.) seem to be copied correctly.

What am I doing wrong? How can I duplicate a module with all its links - inkl. the links to testcases?

Thanks,
Holger

2 answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Sep 25 '15, 11:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 when duplicating a module and choosing to copy links, as you did, it should copy all links, including links to test cases.  I just did a quick test and it worked for me.  If you keep seeing this, you can open a defect.  I don't know if there's something specific about the sandbox that would cause this problem.  

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 24 '15, 8:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you do a branch operation in the global configuration management application, the links across applications (RM-QM) will be handled automatically, since links will be interpreted in the context of your current global configuration.

It would be better if someone else comments on the implications for links when you "Duplicate module" function, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.