It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data base Schema of RTC, RQM ,DNG?

vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | asked Sep 24 '15, 5:43 a.m.
 Is it possible to get the Data base schema for above applications, I tried searching Jazz.net , what I got is data warehouse schema not Database schema of each application.

One answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Sep 24 '15, 7:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Details on the database schema and directly accessing the database  is neither supported nor recommended. This is due to the data abstraction layer provided by the Jazz Foundation and not having explicit schema control.
Schemas can change, and what works now may break in any future major release.

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 24 '15, 8:37 a.m.

@Bas Bekker
Yes I agree that Schemas keep changing with releases but it would be nice to have basic idea how tables are related so that it would be easy for customization or extending the applications from user perspective.

Bas Bekker commented Sep 24 '15, 8:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Understand your need, but extending an application by directly working against the database will get you into trouble soon, hence not supported and recommended.
Like mentioned above, abstraction and persistence layers from Jazz Foundation, and for example the Jena library to store linked RDF data, make it a it an almost impossible route to embark on.

Speaking for DNG, the three API's that are public for you to extend DNG for your users:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.