It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking RQM test plan to RTC Work Item

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Jul 22 '09, 8:25 p.m.
I've been able to successfully link Defects and Testcases to Work Items in RTC. Will we also be able to link Test Plans to RTC Work Items?

For example, I'd like to link a Test Plan in RQM with a RTC Story that it was specifically created to test.

6 answers

permanent link
Goshen Pan (106) | answered Jul 22 '09, 11:07 p.m.
I've been able to successfully link Defects and Testcases to Work Items in RTC. Will we also be able to link Test Plans to RTC Work Items?

For example, I'd like to link a Test Plan in RQM with a RTC Story that it was specifically created to test.

Yes.
You can do all this in 'Plan Item' section in the test case editor. The section is not in the default template however it's included in 'Collaborative ALM Test Case template'.Any cases, you can add it in manually.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Jul 23 '09, 3:28 a.m.

Yes.
You can do all this in 'Plan Item' section in the test case editor. The section is not in the default template however it's included in 'Collaborative ALM Test Case template'.Any cases, you can add it in manually.

I see it for test cases but what about for test plans? I don't see a Plan Items section for Test Plan templates.

permanent link
Cleison Santos (6) | answered May 15 '12, 10:13 a.m.

Yes.

I see it for test cases but what about for test plans? I don't see a Plan Items section for Test Plan templates.

Is there any solution to this post? I have the same question. How can I be able to link RQM Test Plans to RTC Work Items?

permanent link
Stephen Meehan (23144) | answered May 18 '12, 9:37 a.m.
I want to search for development items. I have created a link between a story in RTC and a test case in RQM. Within RQM I want to be able to find all test cases for a particular story or stories. Typing the name in the Filter Text box does not find it.

Is there any way to find Development Items in RQM? If not, are there plans to introduce this funcitionality or suggestions on how this limitation can be worked around?

I am using version 3.0.1 of RQM

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered May 20 '12, 11:14 a.m.
RQM Test Plans can only be linked to RTC *plan* items (backlogs, iteration plans, etc).

RQM Test Cases can only be linked to RTC work items (defects, stories, etc.)

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered May 20 '12, 11:30 a.m.
Your workaround would be to

(1) add your work items to a development plan in RTC
(2) link your RQM test plan to the RTC development plan.

The resulting Test Plan-to-work item relationship is certainly reportable, but may require RRDI or Insight.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.