It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot set default value for Found In field

Rophy Tsai (231017) | asked Sep 22 '15, 12:43 p.m.
RTC Version: 5.0.1

When user create a defect in RTC, I'd like to have a default Found In value selected. How do I do that?

I looked at the eclipse process editor, but can't modify the default value for Found In:

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 24 '15, 5:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note that for Found-In (a deliverable), there is no built in default value provider. You would have to use JavaScript or Java. If you use JavaScript, you have to configure the values and you have to return the UUID of the deliverable. There is no way to access the deliverables from JavaScript.

See and do the
- the RTC only version of it. Lab 4 and Lab 5 (JavaScript). Also see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization

You might be able to use Java instead to create a more elaborate version. In Java you are likely able to access this data.  See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/ for more information.
Rophy Tsai selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 22 '15, 1:59 p.m.
edited Sep 22 '15, 2:05 p.m.
Default values come from entries created in the Attribute Customization section [ just below Types and Attributes ].  However, Deliverable ( release ) is not one of the Providers for defaults.   Releases created in the project configuration are used for "Found In"

permanent link
Rophy Tsai (231017) | answered Sep 22 '15, 10:10 p.m.
 Does it mean I cannot set default value for Deliverable (Release) ?

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 24 '15, 2:42 a.m.
You will first need to create a new default value with provider "Script Based Default" under Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Attribute Customization. Then you can assign the default value to the Found In attribute, using the GUI in your original post.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.