It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you define different default Subscriptions for different Work Item types ?

Steve Woodbridge (1352225) | asked Sep 18 '15, 10:43 a.m.
Customer has several Work Item types that they use.
  • They would like to have default Subscription X for Work Item type A set to contain the ids of persons   J, K and L.
  • They would also like to have a different default Subscription Y for Work Item type B so that it contains the ids of persons J, L, M and N.
I see where the Attribute Customization Default allows you to set up multiple Default Values of the provider User List.
But I do not see where I can have 2 versions of subscriptions where one would reference Default value X and the other would reference Default value Y.

Is there something I need to do in order to accomplish this ? 

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Sep 18 '15, 11:48 a.m.

as Ralph mentions you cannot do it with attribute customization, but could with a java extension.

I wrote one for a customer a couple years ago.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 18 '15, 12:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam, since there is only one subscription collection, and subscriptions do not allow to carry any additional information, how did you stre the additional information required for different types of subscriptions?

sam detweiler commented Sep 18 '15, 12:58 p.m.

this is a participant plugin

You create a xml properties data model to hold the extra info for an aspect editor.  its not as nice as it could be cause U have to edit the process spec to update it, but better than nothing.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 18 '15, 11:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No. There are no subscription types and there is no way to put them in. subscriptions is a list that gets contributors added. There is no way to customize this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.