It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Need help configuring server for trial verison

John Walker (1111) | asked Sep 16 '15, 2:47 p.m.
edited Sep 17 '15, 11:22 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I have just downloaded RTC trial version so I can provide a POC for a client.
I am getting an error when I try to start my Apache tomcat server, Who can help or where would I go for help?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Sep 16 '15, 3:34 p.m. | edited Sep 17 '15, 10:42 a.m.

what is the error?

John Walker commented Sep 16 '15, 4:08 p.m.

Failed to create work directory [C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\rm] for context [/rm]
.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader startInternal
SEVERE: LifecycleException
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamSer
ver\server\tomcat\webapps\rm.war
SEVERE: Exception fixing docBase for context [/rs]
Throwable occurred: java.io.IOException: Unable to create the directory [C:\Prog
ram Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps\rs]
SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamSer
ver\server\tomcat\webapps\rs.war
INFO: JSR 356 WebSocket (Java WebSocket 1.1) support is not available when runni
ng on Java 6. To suppress this message, run Tomcat on Java 7, remove the WebSocket JARs from $CATALINA_HOME/lib or add the WebSocket JARs to the tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip property in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.properties. Note that the deprecated Tomcat 7 WebSocket API will be available. The scratchDir you specified: is unusable.

sam detweiler commented Sep 16 '15, 4:36 p.m.

sounds like you have security turned on on that server such that only certain users can create folders.  is the user running tomcat authorized?

John Walker commented Sep 16 '15, 5:15 p.m.

Hi
I will check on the security authorization.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 17 '15, 7:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You installed into Program Files. In that case you have to start the server with run as admin, even if you are logged in as administrator, because win has special protection for that folder.

Don't install into Program Files install int e.g. IBM/clm6.0

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.