It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do we have only Copy URL option for Stream , why not for the Baseline?

vijayakumar ramesh (1173760) | asked Sep 16 '15, 8:30 a.m.
edited Sep 18 '15, 4:22 a.m.
I am interested to know why don't we have URL for Baseline as there is for Stream.

When we right click on Stream there is option to COPY URL which is not there for Baseline
URL looks like below

https://localhost:9443/ccm/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.team.scm.Workspace/_dZhG8KQ2EeOKnf3XKs8Xmg

as of I know this URL looks similar to the resource URL for Test case,Requirement ,Test Plan etc. which we get in the the OSLC API's

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 20 '19, 2:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The 'Copy URL' context menu action did not exist on baseline nodes in Eclipse prior to RTC 6.0 because we had no Web UI page to show the baseline in. Since RTC 6.0 you will notice there is now a baseline web page, and a 'Copy URL' Eclipse context menu action.

These features were added in:

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 18 '15, 6:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 18 '15, 6:27 a.m.
For what reason would you want to copy the URL of a baseline?

My guess would be, noone has had a use for that today and it was simply not implemented.

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 18 '15, 10:39 a.m.

With respect to one application which uses Snapshot URL as entry point and which later fetches all Baselines of component involved ,in the same way if we have baseline URL then I can give that as input for the application and process all change sets involved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.