It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why was the CLM message reference removed?

Alex Akilov (1211724) | asked Sep 14 '15, 9:42 a.m.
retagged Sep 24 '15, 3:06 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
 It appears that the IBM Rational CLM Message reference has been replaced by the following wiki doc:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ErrorMessagesCLMEnUS60.  However, in it almost none of the messages have an explanation.  If we get an error such as the cryptic CRJZS5937E Index does not reach the required time, what exactly are we supposed to do to correct the issue?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Sep 24 '15, 3:34 p.m.
Alex, in general, please submit work items identifying problem error messages.  For especially troublesome messages, a PMR might be appropriate.  For the message that you listed above, I've submitted this defect:  Improve CRJZS5937E message,  explanation, and user action (370098).

Ken 
Alex Akilov selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Sep 18 '15, 5:06 p.m.
The content in the wiki doc. should be identical to the content that was previously in the Message reference information center.  The wiki doc. is easier to maintain than the information center.  The documentation team has been working with the development teams to improve the error messages by using a standard three-part format where each message includes an explanation and suggested user action.  This is an ongoing effort.  

Ken 

Comments
Alex Akilov commented Sep 24 '15, 2:26 p.m.

Ken, thanks for the explanation.  I don't have the old reference to refer to but I would've expected to see some explanations and user actions for most of the messages by now since the reference has been around for a few years.  Do we just have to open a PMR to diagnose each error we get (that doesn't have an explanation and that isn't obvious from the message text)?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 14 '15, 9:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest to get in contact with support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.