It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to propagate custom template changes to all projects that use it?

Daniel Ruebush (9715187) | asked Sep 11 '15, 1:05 p.m.
retagged Sep 18 '15, 4:52 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
We are using a custom CCM process template.

I need to update the permissions to the roles. I have about 15 projects that uses this custom CCM template.

How do I make a change to the custom CCM template so that it updates all the projects that uses the template?           

3 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Sep 18 '15, 4:52 p.m.
In addition to the above referenced Help topic, you might find this tutorial helpful:  Standardize process in your organization by using project area process sharing

Ken

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Sep 11 '15, 5:32 p.m.
I second Kevin's response and I suggest you review the following documentation about sharing the process of a project area.

With Process Sharing, you can manage one single Master project area, while other child project area will automatically consume its process.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_sharing_project_area_process_web.html&scope=null

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 11 '15, 1:54 p.m.
If my understanding is part of any reality,  I doubt updating a _template_ (meaning Process Template from which one can choose when creating project area ) will do anything for existing projects, only projects later created with that template.  

So you may have to spend the time updating each project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.