It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to find/query work items across different project areas

Ravikanth Chavali (401724) | asked Sep 09 '15, 11:43 p.m.
edited Sep 10 '15, 12:06 a.m.

I would like to find the work items in specific custom state across different project areas ?

Can a query run across different project areas or is it limited to within a project area ?

What are my options ? out of the box versus no additional cost reporting tools(Jazz Reporting Service, Rational Reporting, RRDI, Rational Insight, BIRT etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Ravikanth Chavali

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Sep 10 '15, 12:54 a.m.
Hi, Ravikanth Chavali

Cross-project query is not supported currently. there is a popular enhancement workitem that you can vote for:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=94575

JRS, RRDI. Insight and BIRT should be able to get the expected results cross-projects. Insight will require license while
others do not. RRDI/BIRT may require some knowledge of schema in order to create a custom report. JRS is more straightforward if you are using v5.0.x and later version. You can see some comments in the above workitem mentioning JRS and if you want to query on the workitems with a specific custom state cross-project areas, JRS can be a good one to go with.
Ravikanth Chavali selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 11 '15, 2:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In 6.0.1, the quick planner search mechanism has been extended to handle multiple project areas (as long as they are on the same server).

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Sep 11 '15, 5:06 p.m.

server == repository, right ?  I have numerous repository on the same 'server' but only those within a JTS domain are accessible through JRS, RRDI.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Sep 10 '15, 2:54 a.m.
Hi Ravikkanth,
Don answer is correct. My recommendation is that if you want to have something quickly, use JRS. Creating such report takes only couple of seconds.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.