It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update access to close a defect to include creator

Barb I (71910) | asked Sep 09 '15, 2:31 p.m.

We are using RTC 4.0.6 and would like to update the functionality so that no matter what role a user has, if that person was the one to submit a defect (really any workitem type) then that person can close the defect.

What I'd like to do is a little different than some of the questions I see posted which is about ONLY creators and owners can close a workitem whereas for our needs, if the user is not the creator/requestor and but is in a role that has permissions to close a workitem, then he can close it. The people responding to the posts I saw point to an RFE from years ago that has yet to be worked on by IBM.

Does anyone have a workaround that they could share with me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 09 '15, 10:03 p.m.

I believe a customized precondition should work, which means that you need to developer your own plugins.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 10 '15, 3:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The way RTC works is, that it prevents a workflow action if the user does not have the permission to perform it. Permissions are collected across all roles the user has in this context for the object he operates on. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals and the sections Permissions and operational behavior for how that works.

You have to make sure the user has the permission and it will work.

I don't see a way to extend RTC to make this work. If the user does not have the permission, there is no way I am aware of to grant that permission in an advisor. Operational behavior works in the permission context given to the user and can only enforce more restrictions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.