It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC report with data from external data source as Mongo DB, is possible?

vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | asked Sep 07 '15, 9:29 a.m.
edited Sep 07 '15, 9:30 a.m.
Which database is more suitable as external for RTC, Mongo or MySQL ? for reporting.
I know we can use MySQL as external but i had some issues still resolving it, at the same time wanted to know can I use Mongo DB as external data source where I am going to store some data related to baselines later I want to report over this data from RTC.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 07 '15, 10:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The built in reporting for RTC and its data collection jobs will only report over the content of the data warehouse. There are no data collection jobs that would pull data from external data sources.

You might be able to use BIRT and report over external data sources.

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 07 '15, 11:12 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon
If I am able to write program which fetches data related to baseline of component and will store this data in external data source which could be MySQL/ Mongo DB . Later I create report template using this data source and deploy that in RTC. So here my external data source could it be Mongo ?

Issue is I dont want to switch to BIRT every time to make report,once I develop report template user can use this in RTC and make reports.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 07 '15, 11:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I am aware, today JRS does only access the data sources provided by Jazz application.

"The built in reporting for RTC and its data collection jobs will only report over the content of the data warehouse. There are no data collection jobs that would pull data from external data sources."

So, no, I don't think that will work

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.