It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Import via CSV problem. Workitem type was not recognized correctly.

Fatima Thoumprathom (322) | asked Sep 04 '15, 8:18 p.m.
I am using RTC client V4.0.2,  RTC Server V5.0.1.
I have exported file from RTC Client as a template for the data importing.
Then, I remove old records and add new import test record. Leave the ID as blank.
After  that I tried to import the file, with the selection on the New data creation.

However RTC does not seem to read the workitem type "TYPE" correctly, as the result was that it creates the new data as "Defect". No other data imported correctly as well.

Cld you pls advice what may be the problem with my import file?
I am sending you the sample import file I created.
The target worktype name is "onOff".  There is no mandatory fields for this worktype, except "Summary".

Here is the file I used for import, which is based from the exported data.
----
"Id,""Type"",""Status"",""Summary"",""FirstName"",""LastName"",""OnBoardDate"",""amsTeam"",""amsSubTeam"",""gspRelNo"",""Leader?"",""JobID"",""ProvisionedInternetID"",""ProvisionedNotesID"",""onBoardType"",""SecA_CompDate"",""SecB_CompDate"",""SecC_CompDate"",""ProcAMS_CompDate"",""ProcCoE_CompDate"",""Filed Against"""
",""onOff"",""Onboard Approved"",""<TEST> NEW Ravi Gupta"",""Ravi"",""Gupta"",""2015/09/04 11:00"",""AMS-BASIS(include Monitoring, Portal)"",""AMS-PIPO"","""",""true"",""JPxxxxxx"",""ss@jp."",""ss/ss"",""New Member"",""2015/09/16 11:00"",""2015/09/17 11:00"",""2015/09/03 11:00"",""2015/09/03 11:00"",""2015/09/03 11:00"",""Unassigned"""
-----
Appreciate your advice.

Fatima

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 06 '15, 8:15 p.m.
If the content that you posted on the form is to be trusted, the first column is incorrect (missing some double quotes).
Fatima Thoumprathom selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Fatima Thoumprathom (322) | answered Sep 12 '15, 9:04 a.m.
Thanks Donald.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.