It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JTS RM CCM QM teamserver.properties diffs

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked Sep 04 '15, 8:35 a.m.
I'm in the process of re-aligning our properties files between our production and testbed servers which are/were initially setup identically.  I'm doing this in preparation for upgrading to 6x, doing our testbed first then production if all goes well.   In review of the properties files I noted differences between our 2 servers that i could only attribute to the upgrade path taken. Our testbed went from 406 -> 501 -> 502 whereas our prod server when from 406->502 directly.  (The JTS/RM split timeframe).  

In any event  I've re-aligned the properties files and have not noted any issues as a result of this however there are a few deltas that I'm trying to figure out that i hope someone can address as the JTS/RM split was not as clean as it should have been.

One property I'm questioning in each apps teamserver.properties (jts, rm, qm, ccm) is the LPA storage area.
In both JTS and RM under Lifecycle Project Administration Component,
com.ibm.team.lpa.app.services.LifecycleProjectAdminInitService: Storage Area Name
Both JTS and RM have the same value defined e.g. com.ibm.team.lpa.9f335f75-c0dc-4992-8f2f-44c9f61a5a5a
whereas both CCM and QM also have the same attribute defined but are blank.

Should they both have a value same as RM or should RM's value also be blank?

Another one is com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.net.port. The port is defined in both JTS and RM. It is also efined in QM but no port is specified. For CCM it is not listed.

Should each app's properties file have this defined? Only in JTS ? 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 06 '15, 9:53 p.m.
LPA is merged into JTS in CLM 5.0.2, and I believe the LPA storage area name is effective for JTS only. In CLM 4.0.6, it has a different name "com.ibm.team.jfs.app.context.storage.area.name" in the admin.properties file. I don't know why your RM 5.0.2 has this property defined.

If I'm not mistaken, the property "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.net.port" is for the Derby database, and should be present only when you use Derby database for the data warehouse. Double check (re-run /jts/setup)  whether data warehouse is enabled for the individual application and what is the vendor of the database.

In general, as long as you do all the configuration using the repotools or the wizard, there is no need to modify the teamserver.properties files manually.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Sep 16 '15, 12:29 p.m.

I would agree with you expect for that fact that practical experience has shown divergence in the properties files between our prod and testbed servers which where setup indentically at the beginning, hence my post.

There were a number of changes in all cm/rm/jts/qm teamproperties files that i had to realign.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.