It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize Plan Editor in Eclipse client

Rainy John (381226) | asked Sep 01 '15, 5:48 a.m.
 If I add a customized work item from the plan editor in Eclipse client, the field 'Description' is appearing by default and I am able to enter text under 'Description' and save the work item. 

But, actually there is no field 'Description' in my customized work item and hence I do not want to have the 'Description' field in Plan view to be enabled.

How can disable the field 'Description' from Plan view in Eclipse client?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 12 '15, 12:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just for interest's sake, what was the motivation for removing the Description field from your custom work item type?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 01 '15, 7:29 a.m.
I don't think that is possible,.

Comments
Rainy John commented Sep 01 '15, 8:18 a.m. | edited Sep 01 '15, 8:43 a.m.

Is it possible to remove or hide 'Description' from appearing from Plan view?  My intention is to prevent users updating 'Description' field.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 01 '15, 8:26 a.m.

You can always configure your plan views and remove columns from the plan view.

Rainy John commented Sep 02 '15, 6:02 a.m. | edited Sep 02 '15, 6:28 a.m.

I just want to hide or disable 'Description' for my customized work item alone; 'Description' shall appear for other work items in Plan editor view of Eclipse client

sam detweiler commented Sep 02 '15, 6:59 a.m.

As Ralph mentions, I don't think you can configure the plan view to do separate views for different workitems.. The intent of Plan is to show status across a group of workitems. The current model is that the workitems are symmetrical, with almost all common fields.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.