It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get my pending changes view back after Eclipse upgrade?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Aug 31 '15, 1:53 p.m.
edited Sep 01 '15, 11:01 a.m.
I upgraded my Eclipse client from Indigo/3.8 to Mars/4.5 and now my pending changes view is blank:

Pending Changes Blank

What it looks like is that I can see all the expando twisties and I can click on the individual rows where the various workspace and streams would be, but there is no text.  I tried reloading a workspace but it had no effect.

Any ideas?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Sep 01 '15, 9:23 a.m.

I would start witch checking what code you see in Eclipse. Do you see your changes in the code?
Also what kind of pending changes you expect to see (incoming, outgoing, for workspace, for the stream?)

Andy Jewell commented Sep 01 '15, 10:07 a.m.

Sorry that I can't post a screenshot, I'm not sure if something's up with the site or it just doesn't like my linux web browser.  What I'm trying to explain is that the entire Pending Changes view is blank.  Where you would normally see the steram or workspace name there is nothing -- as if, for example, the font color was the same as the background color.  It's not just that I'm not seeing a change I expect to see -- literally, I see nothing in the view at all.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 01 '15, 10:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need a certain reputation to be able to upload an image. You can however upload images to other sites and put a link into the post.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Sep 01 '15, 10:56 a.m.

Also do you see any error messages in <your-workspace>/.metadata/.log file?

Andy Jewell commented Sep 01 '15, 10:57 a.m.

Thanks, Ralph. 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 01 '15, 11:06 a.m.

Note, 4.4 is supported for RTC 6.0 older versions might not support that. Check the version you are running.
Sometimes it works even if not being supported, but sometimes there are problems if you try to install the RTC extensions into unsupported Eclipse versions.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 01 '15, 10:51 a.m.
edited Sep 01 '15, 10:51 a.m.
It may well be that Eclipse 4.5 is the problem. As of http://www-969.ibm.com/software/reports/compatibility/clarity/index.html only Eclipse 4.4 is supported.

You could try to
  1. Install Eclipse 4.5
  2. Install RTC into that using the P2 Install
Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Sep 01 '15, 10:58 a.m.

Maybe that's the case - that's exactly how I installed Eclipse 4.5.  If it doesn't fix itself I'll downgrade and see if it helps.

Andy Jewell commented Sep 01 '15, 11:41 a.m.

I downgraded to Eclipse 4.4 and things are working again. . . ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!

One other answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Sep 01 '15, 10:26 a.m.
Hi Andy,

Are you trying to use the same eclipse workspace sandbox, after you upgrade ?

Assuming its supported version for eclipse and RTC version, based on your above two comments find my answers below.

1) I would suspect that you are not using the same eclipse workspace which is connected to your old sandbox location .

or

2) Right click on you Repository workspace >> Show > Pending changes. It will appear in the pending changes window.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Sep 01 '15, 11:00 a.m.

Hi, Arun. . . After installing the new version of Eclipse, it asked to upgrade the sandboxes (i.e., the Eclipse workspace) which I accepted.  Other aspects of the sandbox seem to work fine, it's just the pending changes view that doesn't work. 

I added a screenshot - it's not that I don't know where the Pending Changes view is, it just doesn't have any content.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.