It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change repository workspace visibility to 'Scoped'

Huang Sky (1112) | asked Aug 28 '15, 2:20 a.m.
edited Sep 01 '15, 7:46 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 I wanna change my repository workspace visibility to 'Scoped', but only Public and private could work, if I Choose createAccessGroupScope as my IReadScope, it's always error with message from IDE

iWorkspaceConnection.setOwnerAndVisibility((IAuditableHandle)newContributor, IReadScope.FACTORY.createAccessGroupScope(), monitor);

"The method setOwnerAndVisibility(IAuditableHandle, IReadScope, IProgressMonitor) in the type IWorkspaceConnection is not applicable for the arguments (IAuditableHandle, IAccessGroupScope, IProgressMonitor)"

Does anyone who can help to provide the hint to achieve it, Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 01 '15, 11:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Workspaces can be scoped to
  • Public
  • Private
  • Scoped - to a project area

I can't see access groups in the list, so I would not assume that you can use access groups to set the scope.

Comments
Huang Sky commented Sep 01 '15, 10:18 p.m.

Hi Schoon:

Through IReadScope api in javadoc, I can't find any IReadScope could help me to select "Scoped - to a project area", is there any idea?
com.ibm.team.scm.common.dto.Interface IReadScope.IReadScopeFactory
com.ibm.team.scm.common.dto.IAccessGroupScope createAccessGroupScope()
IContributorDeferringScope createContributorDeferringScope()
IPrivateScope createPrivateScope()
IProcessAreaScope createProcessAreaScope()
IPublicScope createPublicScope()
ITeamAreaPrivateScope createTeamAreaPrivateScope()
IUnknownScope createUnknownScope()
PS. The doc is base on version 6.0

permanent link
DJ Houghton (2663) | answered Sep 01 '15, 11:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you have some sort of mixed version setup? The SCM team has done some Access Group related work for the pending 6.0.1 release but it means that some of the classes have changed. Specifically in your case, it looks like the IAccessGroupScope class now extends IReadScope where it didn't before. Please ensure that the client/common code you are programming against are all from the same version.

Comments
Huang Sky commented Sep 01 '15, 9:59 p.m.

Thanks Houghton's hint!

I found out that my com.ibm.team.scm.common.jar version is 3.2.100.v20131209_0155, maybe it's why my IAccessGroupScope is not extends IReadScope.

I will try to use other version to figure out it, Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.