It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Module Book layout the Contents are not displaying all the content of the saved requirement.

anoop mc (74811188221) | asked Aug 26 '15, 9:05 p.m.
 Hi,

We see an issue, getting the contents displayed using Module Book Layout. Where as the same gets displayed using only Module View.

Our Customer is currently preferring the Module Book layout. However the Contents are not displaying all the content of the saved requirement.

Let us know if this is a known issue with DNG 501 and suggestions would be of great help.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 26 '15, 11:42 p.m.

Can you please elaborate what's "saved requirement"?

4 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Aug 27 '15, 12:22 p.m.
 Hi Don,

Thanks for the information, We did couple of testing. I had a session with the end-user and had multiple document generated.

Scenario 1: 
We could import a csv file format into DNG and print using Microsoft Word Document format.

Scneario 2:
If we do some modification to the heading row on the imported artifact  it do not show all the contents. The bullet points which was mentioned in the image is seen missing.

Heading Row generates differently in the output compare with a Normal Row.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 27 '15, 8:29 p.m.

Are you saying that the bullet points are within a heading? In that case, it's quite unusual. I think it's better to contact IBM Support so that the exact content of the affected heading can be examined.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 27 '15, 5:31 a.m.
edited Aug 27 '15, 5:31 a.m.
The bulleted list works for me in an exported Word document. Apparently you selected the "include attributes" option when printing and this may not do any good if you want the Word document to look the same or similar to what you see on the web client. Try printing without any of the four options selected.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Aug 27 '15, 2:56 a.m.
 Hi,

Let me make it more clear by elaborating the requirement what we have received from the project

The below image (First one)  shows the Module View. I have a requirement that has a bulleted list of items. All the content appears to display correctly in Name and Contents columns. The bulleted item list is shown as inline text in the Name column.

module_view   The second image shows a screen shot of how the requirement got generated in Module Book (Word). The bulleted list  what we see above does not display in the generated word document. This is the issue.

Our Customer is currently preferring the Module Book layout. However the Contents are not displaying all the content of the saved requirement.

module_book_doc

permanent link
Howard Hsiao (5.5k17) | answered Aug 27 '15, 2:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anoop,

By "contents", do you mean "attributes" of the requirement artifacts?

You have might hit the following defect which has been fixed in DOORS Next Generation 6.0.
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=97360

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.