It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I set an RTC repository read-only while keeping some SCM functions active?

Neal McKegney (551422) | asked Aug 26 '15, 1:12 p.m.
We've moved our users to a new repository, but left the source code history on the old repo.  We want to lock down the old repository to prevent updates, while still allowing users read access to everything (that they previously had access too)

I thought we could use the JazzGuests repository permission group, instead of JazzUsers, but this also prevents users from creating personal workspaces. 

Short of stripping all permissions from each project/team area, is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 28 '15, 11:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Users can always create new change sets in their workspaces, so if you let them have workspaces, they will be able to create new change sets.
You can prevent them from delivering those change sets to a stream by removing stream update permissions from all project and team areas.

Neal McKegney selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Neal McKegney (551422) | answered Aug 31 '15, 3:33 p.m.
I was hoping for a repository wide solution, restricting all user permissions, but it sounds like I'll just have to do it on a project by project basis.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.