It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting the outline following text using RQMWordImporter 5.0.2

João dos Prazeres Farias (1816) | asked Aug 25 '15, 4:24 p.m.
Hello, fellows,

I have the following Doc file:
1. Introduction
    Text text text text text text text
1.1. Document Objective
1.2. System Description

and I have the following configuration file:
testplan.DOCStart="1."
testplan.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planBusinessObjectives", "RQM-KEY-TP-BUSS-OBJ-TITLE")=List("1.*.,[1,10]")
testplan.dc:description=List("1.2.,[1,10]")

When I import the doc content to RQM, it creates a test plan with:
1- the Business Objective section containing the outline 1.1 and its following text;
2- and the test plan description field containing only the outline "System Description" with no following text.

Question:
1 - How to import the following text from the outline discarding the outline itself avoiding redundancy like having the "Business Objective" section containing a title "business objectives" besides additional text in its content where only the additional text is important?
2 - How to import the outline and its following text when we use exact outline references like "1.2." in the example above?

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Aug 26 '15, 1:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you try below syntax and see if that works for you

testplan.dc:description=List("*.2,[1,10]")

Comments
Reshma Ratnani commented Aug 26 '15, 1:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

1 - How to import the following text from the outline discarding the outline itself avoiding redundancy like having the "Business Objective" section containing a title "business objectives" besides additional text in its content where only the additional text is important?

- As such there is no straight forward way to avoid the outline text. Probably you can just leave that line empty like below and see if that works

1. Introduction

João dos Prazeres Farias commented Aug 26 '15, 9:48 a.m.

Hi, Reshma, thanks for your answer.

In this little example with only one outline and its subitems it worked!

But, as I'm trying to import just one test plan from a whole MS Word document to rqm, can I indicate something like: outline 2.2 corresponds to Test Data section, outline 4.3 corresponds to Test Objectives section, for example?

If I indicate List("2.*,[1,10]") it worked only for the first occurrence, say 2.1. I didn't find out how to specify 2.2, 4.3, etc.

Is it possible?

João dos Prazeres Farias commented Aug 27 '15, 4:37 p.m.

Hi, all

Could someone help me on this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.