It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use SCM from RTC, but mantain the Endevor at the end of the workflow.

Paulo Mendonca (1111) | asked Aug 25 '15, 11:10 a.m.
edited Sep 30 '15, 3:11 p.m. by Chris McGee (50511117)
Hi,

Can I use SCM from RTC, but mantain the Endevor at the end of the workflow. In order to utilize all benefits of RTC/SCM I want to check in my source code COBOL in SCM, but after that I would like to "build" my code COBOL in the Endevor using the RTC Build System Toolkit (in z/OS). I don't want to use CARMA interface to do this.
Is it possible ? The Build System toolkit can integrate with Endevor or Endevor API generating SCL with ADD commands ?

Thanks

Paulo Nayan

One answer

permanent link
Liam Doherty (2312) | answered Oct 06 '15, 9:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not very familiar with Endevor however it might be possible. At build time RTC would need to load the source into normal PDS members. You would then need to use RTC translators to move the code into Endevor format and then call the Endevor build process. You may have to do this with REXX execs, unless the Endevor APIs can be run like an EXEC PGM=xxxxx. In which case you might be able to code up translators to do the process. Depending on your version of RTC you can make use of things such as INSTREAM DDs to build input to the endevor processes dynamically. If you do end up using REXX execs for everything however there will be a performance issue in setting up a TSO/ISPF environment for each invocation of the REXX exec. This can be alleviated somewhat by using reusable sessions for the ISPF Gateway. 

Maybe someone out there has done this already.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.