It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC60 iFix002 does not appear to be getting applied

Melissa Weaver (621215) | asked Aug 24 '15, 5:42 p.m.
edited Aug 26 '15, 2:24 p.m.
We run our CLM/JTS server on the IBMi with Websphere. .  I followed instructions to the best of my knowledge, but it does not appear that the fix is getting picked up. 
Here is what I did.  I stopped the JTS server.  I downloaded the iFix002 and copied  the  file CLM_server_patch_6.0.0.0-CALM60M-I20150730-2020.zip  to the install directory:     /QIBM/ProdData/JazzTeamServer60/server/patch.    I cleared the Websphere cache,  ran the repotools-jts.sh -clean command.   Restarted the JTS server.   the instructions said I should now see the fix listed build information in the CCM 'about this application' or the Server Admin page, but I do not.

The logs all appear to say 'no patches found'.

This is the first time I have applied an ifix, so I must have missed something.  Any help would be appreciated.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 24 '15, 7:58 p.m.

Just a sanity check - does the user running the WebSphere process have permission to read the "patch" path? If the patch services recognizes the patch, it will list the name of the patch and state whether it's a "new patch" or "existing patch" in the <app>-patch.log file.

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Aug 25 '15, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just to make sure, did you unzip the iFix and extract the CLM_server_patch_6.0.0.0-CALM60M-I20150730-2020.zip file ONLY into the server/patch directory?
The server patch is packaged inside another zip file. If you do not extract it, the patch mechanism will not recognize it as a patch. In the past, this has been a point of confusion for customers applying the patch.

Ruby

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 25 '15, 8:56 p.m.

That's a bit confusing - maybe it's something specific to IBMi? What path does the JAZZ_HOME parameter in WebSphere point to?

permanent link
Melissa Weaver (621215) | answered Aug 25 '15, 1:31 p.m.
Thank you both for your answers.  I checked the folder/file authority and it was good.  I did unzip the iFix download  and copied fix .zip file contained within, as required.   The solution was I needed to copy the .zip file to both the ProdData and UserData folders: 

/QIBM/ProdData/JazzTeamServer60/server/patch  and /QIBM/UserData/JazzTeamServer60/server/patch

After doing this, clearing the cache again, restarting the serve, now the fix was applied.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.