It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make Resolution required on Closed

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Aug 24 '15, 2:44 p.m.
CLM 502
Formal Template

When we transition to Closed, we want the Resolution field to be mandatory. However I don't see this field on the Precondition list of fields.

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Aug 25 '15, 9:23 a.m.

Any thoughts

2 answers

permanent link
Fred Bickford (281532) | answered Sep 22 '15, 10:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mahari, curious if you found a way to make resolution mandatory on Closed ?  One would think this is a basic requirement..  Just curious if you found a resolution or if you submitted a defect ?

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Aug 25 '15, 10:30 a.m.
  Hi Mahari,

Please use the 

You can create a custom field in the work item called as 'Resolution' and make that mandatory whenever it goes to Closed state.
You can make an attribute mandatory by following these steps:
1. In RTC Eclipse client, go to Team Configuration -> Operations Behavior -> save work item
2. In Preconditions add Required attributes for Type and State. Select the work item and the state ( Closed) for which the 'Resolution' attribute has to be made mandatory.

https://jazz.net/library/article/997

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Aug 25 '15, 2:47 p.m. | edited Aug 25 '15, 2:48 p.m.

Hmmm..,,

So there is an OOTB field called Resolution, it just does not show up in the Precondition area, which was my question. I guess this is a defect. I will have someone create a defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.