It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RQMImportUtiltiy ,creating artifacts with category values which do not exist in the RQM system

renuka vasudevan (138) | asked Aug 24 '15, 5:53 a.m.

In RQMImportUtiltiy version 5.0.1 ,if we create test cases with category values which do not exist in the RQM system(not pre-defined) , then i see upload does not throw any error. Upload works fine , but when i open the artifact we see that there is a small (cross symbol in red) against that category, with the value that was uploaded.

System does not store that value as yet , as we are not able to see that value in the category , when we try to create a fresh test case from the UI.

Either upload should fail stating that the value chosen does not exist or the value should get saved in RQM successfully. But we find both now happening.

I am trying to uploads 1000s of test case into RQM and this error is creating a hurdle for me.

Please let me know how we can take care of this.

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Aug 24 '15, 10:27 p.m.
Per my testing with RQMExcelImportUtility 5.0.2, if you don't have permission for "Save Category Value", when you import the test cases with non-existed category value no error reported during the import. When you check the imported test case, the category value is "Unassigned".
If you have "Save Category Value" permission, the import is also successful. New category value will be added to the category in the project area properties.

Comments
renuka vasudevan commented Sep 01 '15, 10:55 a.m.

hi lily , i have tried giving the Save category value permission and when i try , i see that import is successful but when i open the test case , i see that the category value is shown but against the category there is a small red cross and the message reads as "The value is not in the sub category values set". So because of this error , if i want to make any changes to this imported test case , i cannot do it .

Strangely , i find that this error is occuring inspite of this value being available in the category values in the project area properties also.

Request your help

Lily Wang commented Sep 02 '15, 3:45 a.m.

Hi Renuka,

Your issue is happened when importing a new sub-category value. For sub-category I can reproduce your issue. 
I think you need to import all category and sub-category values before import test cases.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.