It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Condition to restrict user to take specific actions against specific state of workflow while having specific attribute values

Sajjad Ali Khan (314152) | asked Aug 23 '15, 7:38 a.m.
Hi All,

I need to apply a bit complex condition in my workflow of Change Request work item type of RTC, could anyone of you all help me out to achieve it, following is the scenario for the condition i want to apply  

Scenario:
There is an attribute of drop-down "Request Type" which has multiple options, options are: Local & Global
if Request type is "Local" OR "Global" and work-Item is on "First_Level_Approval" state
then user can only be able to take two actions against  "First_Level_Approval" state 
which are "Approved SLA" and "Return to Submitter" 
for the third action "Approved FLA" system will show an error to user when hit the save button like "You can not take this action at First_Level_Approval"

Regards,
SAJJAD

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 23 '15, 8:17 a.m.
There is nothing builtin that will do this. You will have to write some extension.

you might be able to do this with a Javascript field Validator script. I'm not sure you can provide a custom message  however.

you can certainly do this in Java,

See the extensions Workshop
https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

Comments
Sajjad Ali Khan commented Aug 23 '15, 8:20 a.m.

sam detweiler 
Thanks for prompt response, 

could you please help me out to write script for the above scenario ?, i really not good at java scripting 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.