It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defects with no Status - State was deleted in workflow of project area

Cormac Bonner (111) | asked Aug 21 '15, 5:57 a.m.
 Hello,

By mistake, a state was deleted from the workflow of a project area. A number of defects were on this state. They all now have a state = none and I am unable to move them from this state. 

Is it possible to change them to a different status?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Cormac Bonner
IBM Ireland

Comments
Akbar Jafri commented Aug 21 '15, 6:03 a.m. | edited Sep 20 '15, 11:13 a.m.

The same situation happen with me wherein the defect workflow was changed in starting of the project when there was less defect raised, then in that case "I have to redefine the workflow and raise the defect again"

Please let us know if there is any option to change the state.

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Aug 24 '15, 2:57 a.m.
edited Aug 24 '15, 3:02 a.m.

Hi Cormac,

Option 1 (to fix the current Work Items)

If you want an option to fix the data you have (and then look into the other issues) then you can use the Eclipse Import work items "Work items from CSV":

You would need to decide which "state" you'd want the work items to go into if you have delete the state (and State ID)

If you import a set of WI using a CSV file selecting the "Update Matched Work Item" you would need to have:

csv file that contains:

1.  The "Rqmt ID" column - with all the Id's listed you need to correct.

2.  The "Status" Column - with the new State.

If you not used this before - start by creating a Query for the work items you want that includes at Least the columns listed above" and then select Export - "Team" - Work Items.

This will give you the formatted file etc.

Option 2 (to roll back to a previous version of the Process Configuration)

You could look at the Project configuration History and then try to roll back to a previous version - however this is complex as you need to understand the implications if you have been editing the Project Config.

I hope this helps

Matt Muller

Nationwide - Process and Tools Consultant

SES Limited

UK

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 24 '15, 1:01 a.m.
edited Aug 24 '15, 1:01 a.m.
When you removed the states, it is probable that you also removed some associated actions. So you need to understand what has really been changed. If there are no other changes after the accident, you can probably revert the process configuration by copying the entire "process configuration source" from an older version over. I can make it work in this way in a simple test.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/118286/how-to-restore-process-configuration-source

Another way to do it is to add the state back with the same Id. You will add the state using the GUI first, then switch to the source view and change its Id. You can find out the Id of the old/removed state by looking up the source history, or by querying the affected work items. You will also need to add/modify actions to associated with the restored state. I haven't done extensive testing with this method though.

Always be cautions when working directly with the process configuration source because if you make any mistakes there, it is very difficult to spot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.