It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS 9.3 to DOORS Next Gen migration, RIF to ReqIF, how to? possible?

spencer breeden (1111) | asked Aug 20 '15, 11:05 a.m.
I currently have a project in DOORS 9.3 that I would like to migrate to Next Gen, 9.3 exports to RIF and Next Gen imports ReqIF, and i'm having no luck. Is there a way to do this?

One answer

permanent link
Carlton Knight (1612) | answered Aug 20 '15, 6:08 p.m.
The following article has information on How to migrate data from DOORS to Doors Next Gen along with the limitations. However, this information applies to DOORS 9.5 and DOORS Next Generation 4.0.1+ and it looks like you are running DOORS 9.3.
Exporting from Rational DOORS and importing to RDNG using ReqIF

DOORS RIF files are mainly used to send data for editing and return to another Rational DOORS database (DOORS to DOORS). I don't think you will be able to import the RIF file to DNG.

Maybe a workaround might be to install the DOORS 9.5 client on a machine, connect it to DOORS 9.3 server, then export data to ReqIF format then import into RDNG.

Comments
spencer breeden commented Aug 25 '15, 8:43 a.m. | edited Oct 20 '15, 6:42 p.m.

Anyone else got a solution? I don't know if I have the option of installing a doors 9.5 client on a machine

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.