It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC client 5.0 displays the incobatibility version error

Tushar Tarhane (133) | asked Aug 20 '15, 6:44 a.m.
edited Aug 20 '15, 6:46 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)

Hi Team,

Our RTC instance has been migrated from 4.03. to version 5.0 and We face the issue while running the approval data or java batch file after migration. We are getting below error.

Contacting https://adtjazzhof1034.accenture.com/ccm/.

Exception in thread "main" com.ibm.team.repository.client.ServerversionCheckException :

your client is version 3 .O. and the server is version 5 .O. These version are not compatible

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.checkServerVersionMatches (TeamRepository.java:1658)

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin( TeamRepos itory.java:1444)

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internallogin(TeamRepo itory.jaua:61?)

at snippets .RpprouaIExporter. login (RpprouaIExporter.jaua:128)

at snippets .RpprouaIExporter . main (RpprouaIExporter.jaua:58)

Please let us know how we can resolved this issue. How we can make our client version compatible with RTC Version 5.0

Current RTC Version: 5.0

Java Version: Version 8 update 51 (build 1.8.0_51-b16)

Please let us know if any information is required

Comments
Glenn Bardwell commented Aug 20 '15, 5:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The system is reporting that the client is 3.0 RTC supports n-1 support, so version 5.x will only work with 4.x or later.  Were all the clients upgraded as well? I'm unsure what the Java batch file is? Can you describe this in more detail?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 21 '15, 12:04 a.m.
I believe your Java application is built with RTC 3.0 API, so it works with RTC 3.0 and 4.0.x servers, but fails with RTC 5.0 server (see Glenn's post for reason).
You will need to rebuild your Java application with RTC 4.0 API or RTC 5.0 API.

Comments
Tushar Tarhane commented Aug 21 '15, 5:32 a.m. | edited Aug 21 '15, 6:18 a.m.

Hi Donald and Glenn, <o:p> </o:p>

Thanks for your input on this. <o:p> </o:p>

Java Batch file is basically contain some many jar file on which one off the Window command script file we double click and it run the data from CMD. <o:p> </o:p>

This Java file take the extract of Approval review process (Approval. Review, Verification) and store in local desktop. <o:p> </o:p>

Below are the file on which we update the information <o:p> </o:p>

cd "Windows Command script file location"
Java -cp .*;..*;....*;.\snippets*; snippets.ApprovalExporter "RTC Instance name" "Enterprise ID" "Password" "Project area name" "Location to store file" <o:p> </o:p>

Please let us know your view on below point <o:p> </o:p>

1. How I can identify the correct JAR file which need to be modified for Clint Version. Is there is any specific file name or location from which I can identify. <o:p> </o:p>

2. What code or link need to be modify which will connect my java file with RTC client 5.0 <o:p> </o:p>

3. Is there any alternative way from where we can download the approval review cycle data from RTC. <o:p> </o:p>

Donald Nong commented Aug 21 '15, 6:22 a.m.

I don't think it can be simple as replacing some .jar files. You need the "source" file to compile. You may also need to change some code in the source file to adapt to the API changes (if there are any).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.