It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Planning - A complex puzzle that needs assistance

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Aug 11 '15, 11:29 p.m.
CLM 502

Background:
  • Project Fish
  • Features 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 rolled out sequentially to each site.
  • Sites A, B, C
  • Environment Firefox, Java, windows.

Questions to QA Lead:
What is the status of testing for Project Fish?
What is the status of testing for Site A? What about Site B? (six months from now using the same sequential test strategy as Site A)
What is the status of Feature testing for Site A? for Project Fish?

Having said all of this, RQM has test plans, custom fields, test environments, iterations, etc.....

Any ideas on how to set this up so that I can report on the data? (without JRS/RRDI) (The requirements and work planning are all in disarray, i just want to get at least the testing correct.)

thanks

One answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Aug 13 '15, 1:13 p.m.
Hi Mahari,

I would investigate the predefined reporting (a.k.a. BIRT reports): http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/qm_c_reporting_overview.html?lang=en

These reports include areas such as execution, test cases, requirements coverage, and defects.

You could use custom categories to tag the artifacts as a plan is rolled related to site A, site B, etc.  You can add multiple categories as each site is responsible for a feature.  Or you could tag executions based on site. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.