It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to load JDBC driver for BIRT report

vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | asked Aug 10 '15, 4:10 a.m.
 Problem :
I have created sample tables with data in MySQL DB. I have created BIRT report design on this DB as Data source.
I deployed it in the RTC.
I followed steps mentioned in the below link still,
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21586908

I am not able to solve the JDBC error .

The following items have errors:

Table (id = 76):
An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details: 
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc. 
    org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.

Please do provide me solution, suggestions where i could be going wrong , working on it from many  days not able to solve it.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 11 '15, 12:41 a.m.

Can you please show the current content of the following file?
server/conf/ccm/sites/update-site/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127.jar

5 answers

permanent link
vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | answered Aug 11 '15, 3:30 a.m.
edited Aug 11 '15, 3:37 a.m.
@donald  I have installed MySQL Db locally (local instance) which i keep running.
I tried to add screen shot but it was not possible so please find the below details 
when i unzipped the org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127  jar below are the contents
drivers -Folder
META-INF - Folder
schema - Folder
oda-jdbc -jar
plugin -xml
plugin.properties -file

.... \org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127\drivers                        
has below jar file
mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin  

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 13 '15, 1:14 a.m.
Double check what you have done according to technote #1586908. I have verified that the steps are correct and I only need to do the CCM parts. I set a data source to a nonexistent MySQL database in a report design and uploaded it to my RTC server. Before adding the MySQL JDBC drivers as per technote #1586908, I got the same "cannot load JDBC driver" error when running the report. After adding the driver, I got a "connection refused" error instead (apparently the driver was load and BIRT tried to connect to the database).

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 09 '15, 5:26 a.m.

@Donald Nong I am interested to know whether possible to use Mongo DB as external data base where I will store some data related to baseline of component. To report over this data base from RTC .Using report template which will be formed from BIRT application and deployed in RTC.

Donald Nong commented Sep 09 '15, 9:54 p.m.

Support for Mongo DB was introduced in BIRT 4.3.
https://eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/project/notable4.3.php#jump_5

As the BIRT runtime version in CLM 4.0+ is 2.6.2, I don't think you can use this feature in CLM.

vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 10 '15, 2:29 a.m.

@ Donald Nong Thank you so much for the support and info.

permanent link
vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | answered Sep 25 '15, 3:01 a.m.

@ Donald Nong I followed steps in this http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21586908
but in step 12 when I do
./repotools-ccm.sh -clean -version 
./repotools-jts.sh -clean -version, I am getting below error 
2015-09-24 13:23:41,447 CRJAZ0287I Das Paket "file:/D%3a/RTC50~1.2/IBM/JTS/server/conf/ccm/sites/update-site/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127.jar" konnte nicht installiert werden.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Fehler beim Konvertieren des Plug-ins bei D:\RTC.5.0.2\IBM\JTS\repotools\ccm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\521\1\bundlefile.
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.generateManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:446)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest0(EclipseStorageHook.java:423)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:393)

Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.service.pluginconversion.PluginConversionException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, plugin.xml oder fragment.xml wurde in D:\RTC.5.0.2\IBM\JTS\repotools\ccm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\521\1\bundlefile nicht gefunden.
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.PluginConverterImpl.fillPluginInfo(PluginConverterImpl.java:110)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
2015-09-24 13:23:41,455 CRJAZ0288E Das Profilfeature "com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.server.jfs.feature" konnte nicht von der Updatesite "file:ccm/sites/update-site" installiert werden, auf die in der Profildatei "D:\RTC.5.0.2\IBM\JTS\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles\profile.ini" verwiesen wird.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 25 '15, 4:24 a.m.

The error is "java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file". Check file permission and make sure the zip file is valid.

permanent link
vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | answered Sep 25 '15, 5:45 a.m.
edited Sep 25 '15, 5:46 a.m.

Looks I am doing mistake in previous steps so want to cross check if I am following right steps
<install_dir>/server/conf/jts/sites/update-site/plugins directory i find these 3 jars
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.dbprofile_2.6.2.r262_v20110127
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.xml_2.6.2.r262_v20110127 among these only org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127 this has driver folder should add JDBC driver only for this ? or Should i add it for other two also? 
Driver jar name I am adding is: 
mysql-connector-java-5.1.36-bin. is this fine?
Should i modify any other files inside these jars ? other than mentioned in the steps. 

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 25 '15, 6:14 a.m.

Add the driver .jar files to org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127.zip.

vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 25 '15, 6:28 a.m.

I am using CLM 5.0.2

doing this only for ccm and jts though i have rm,and qm.
I hope that will not be problem.

vijayakumar ramesh commented Nov 04 '15, 4:00 a.m.

@ Donald Nong

When I add driver, should I modify plugin.properties file or any other file  for configuration.Because I am doing as mentioned in the above link but not able to deploy report on RTC. It has become serious problem to find solution tried many combinations to work out. 
Please suggest proper steps if you have,not missing small things like configuring something.

Donald Nong commented Nov 05 '15, 2:24 a.m.

That's been quite a long while. Last time I checked, the instructions in the technote are correct and no extra steps are required. As you said that you were not able to deploy reports, were you getting the same error or new error?

permanent link
vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | answered Nov 09 '15, 9:32 a.m.
edited Nov 09 '15, 2:15 p.m.
I am getting the following error when I run the ccm.sh 
 2015-11-09 15:26:05,288 CRJAZ0287I Das Paket "file:/D%3a/RTC6~1.0/TESTIN~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/update-site/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.2.r262_v20110127.jar" konnte nicht installiert werden.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Fehler beim Konvertieren des Plug-ins bei D:\RTC.6.0\Testing_IBM Server\repotools\ccm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\529\1\bundlefile.
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.generateManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:446)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest0(EclipseStorageHook.java:423)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:393)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.createCachedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:507)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.loadManifest(BaseStorage.java:306)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BundleInstall.begin(BundleInstall.java:82)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorkerPrivileged(Framework.java:921)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework$1.run(Framework.java:837)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:338)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorker(Framework.java:888)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installBundle(Framework.java:832)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:167)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:536)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:565)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileProperties(ProvisionService.java:1001)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1058)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1194)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1131)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.Provisioner.provision(Provisioner.java:78)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.Provisioner.installFromProfile(Provisioner.java:69)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.provision(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:737)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:790)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:891)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.service.pluginconversion.PluginConversionException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, plugin.xml oder fragment.xml wurde in D:\RTC.6.0\Testing_IBM Server\repotools\ccm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\529\1\bundlefile nicht gefunden.
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.PluginConverterImpl.fillPluginInfo(PluginConverterImpl.java:113)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.PluginConverterImpl.convertManifest(PluginConverterImpl.java:711)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.generateManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:443)
... 36 more
2015-11-09 15:26:05,289 CRJAZ0288E Das Profilfeature "com.ibm.team.jazz.foundation.server.jfs.feature" konnte nicht von der Updatesite "file:ccm/sites/update-site" installiert werden, auf die in der Profildatei "D:\RTC.6.0\Testing_IBM Server\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles\profile.ini" verwiesen wird.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Nov 09 '15, 6:20 p.m.

It's hard to say what's wrong from the error message - too many things may have gone wrong. I suggest you open a ticket with Support so that detailed information can be collected and examined.

vijayakumar ramesh commented Nov 10 '15, 3:26 a.m.

For which version of CLM it worked for you?

Donald Nong commented Nov 10 '15, 6:03 p.m.

From memory it was CLM 5.0.2 since you're using 5.0.2 at that time. Have you since switched to 6.0 already?

vijayakumar ramesh commented Nov 11 '15, 8:11 a.m.

I tried it in both CLM 5.0.2 and 6.0.0 version  could n't get expected result :( 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.