It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE traversal of DOORS 9.6 requirements fron test cases in RQM

Louisa Guise (1112) | asked Aug 08 '15, 1:10 p.m.
 I am an engineer trying to figure out how to create a report that traverses test cases and write out requirements those test cases address.  I am not an IT person so I am not following the post that addresses this question.  I assume that once I have the test case I can use the /requirement element of the test case but I don't know how to traverse into DOORS.  I assume I need to use a data source configuration in RPE but I don't know how to set up the dynamic association.  Can anyone help me understand how to do that (assuming I am a nubie to Java and rest interfacing?).  Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Aug 12 '15, 7:37 a.m.
Hi Louisa,

If you want to traverse from RQM testcases to DOORS requirements, you can take @href from testcase/requirement query and use href.substring(). This should be set as the Module ID for the dynamically configured data source (of type DOORS).

Can you check what is the value returned for testcase/requirement/href? Based on that, we can use the script expression (JavaScript).

Regards,
Prasad

Comments
Louisa Guise commented Aug 12 '15, 9:14 a.m.

Prasad,

Thank you... this is getting closer to the answer I'm looking for.  Would you have an example of such a JavaScript?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Aug 13 '15, 12:37 p.m.

Currently I do not have RQM instance with associated requirements in DOORS (and hence I wanted to know value returned for testcase/requirement/href).

Can you try the following script?
var index = href.length - 8
href.substring(index)

Please let me know if you need the sample template.

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Aug 10 '15, 1:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
 Louisa,

I see you need help related to configuring DOORS as requirement provider for RQM. You can follow Configuring RQM and Rational DOORS. This will enable you to link DOORS requirement/requirement collection with RQM test case/test plan.

For RQM and RPE integration overview you can refer https://jazz.net/library/article/1137

Best regards,
Mehul

Comments
Louisa Guise commented Aug 12 '15, 12:19 a.m.

Mehul,

Thank you for your answer.  Actually, I am not trying to configure RQM or DOORS but traverse from the RQM schema in RPE to linked DOORS 9.6 requirements to write out test descriptions along with the requirements they address.  I understand I have to use a JavaScript to translate the RQM link to DOORS but I can't find how to write that script.  Can anyone help with that?

Thank you.
Louisa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.