It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

clm6 cannot support more then 15 users

William Xu (811) | asked Aug 06 '15, 8:21 p.m.
I used clm6.0 with ifix01 in production environment, the WAS 8.5.5.6 and DB2 10.1WAS10.1 used also.
For configuration, I used all components in one application server, DB2 in another server, LDAP also.
I can use it normally with less 15 users, but system will always no response if users up to about 20.

any ideas you suggest for me to address this issue?

Thanks!

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Aug 06 '15, 9:16 p.m.

I only think of CLM licensing. What type of license are you using? 

We need more about your configuration in order to research.
How do you know "no response if users up to about 20"? Which application do you use RTC, DNG, RQM?
Can you give us the outout of db2licm -l against DB2 10.1?
What do you mean by "WAS 8.5.5.6 and DB2 10.1WAS10.1"? Do you have 2 WAS?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Aug 07 '15, 3:06 a.m.
Hi William,
This is something for the support. Please gather Mustgather for performance and hang (especially wait tool) and open PMR for the support. Alternatively you can provide the output from WAIT Tool if you don't want to open PMR yet.
William Xu selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 07 '15, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We run CLM instances with several thousand users - there are tens of thousands users looking at the RTC project area here on Jazz.net. If you can't provide a better error description/what you see in the log files and what the symptoms are, it is hard to help.

What I can think of is that your systems don't have enough resources available. Also see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/StandardTopologiesOverview for suggested topologies to scale the system. I would however assume that you should be able to host more than 20 users on one box with the app server and the applications and one box as database backend.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.