It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

On Taskboard why do Tasks show "Story" column and not appropriate "Status" column?

scott lindberg (4614) | asked Aug 06 '15, 10:31 a.m.
All my user stories and tasks are in the 1st column "Story" on the Taskboard. The tasks have different status but they do not appear in that status column. All the columns are grayed out if I try to move the task to the status column (i.e. "In-Progress", "New", etc.).

One answer

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Aug 06 '15, 10:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Scott,
in that first column appear all Plan Work items. This can be defined in the Process Configuration.
Check in the Process configuration of the Project Area - Project Configuration - Configuration Data - Planning - Work Item Type Categorization. All the selected Work item types here will appear in the first column and stay there regardless the state.

/Elisabeth

Comments
scott lindberg commented Aug 06 '15, 11:14 a.m.

Hi Elisabeth,
What do I need to change at "Process configuration of the Project Area - Project Configuration - Configuration Data - Planning - Work Item Type Categorization" in order for them to appear in the correct 'Status' columns.
Thanks, Scott

Elisabeth Carbone commented Aug 06 '15, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Scott,
all work item types that are selected (checked ) there are plan items and appears in the first column. If Task is selected, uncheck it. Save the Project Area.

Does this help?
/Elisabeth

scott lindberg commented Aug 07 '15, 12:32 p.m.

Hi Elisabeth,

That did it.

Thanks very much - enjoy the weekend,
Scott

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.