It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List all Epics for Current release without any linked task for current release

Yaron Norani (47267064) | asked Aug 06 '15, 5:56 a.m.
edited Aug 06 '15, 6:04 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 Hello,
I have the following Structure:
Release 1.
   Sprint 1
   Sprint2
   Sprint3

I would like all stories that are planned to this Release and does not have at least one child task that is related to this release.

How to build the query to find tasks that are not related to Rel1 or SP1 or SP2 or SP3, and check that all linked tasks match this criteria?

Should I use : "is not part of" criteria?

Thanks,

Yaron

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 06 '15, 6:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can look into Advanced User's Guide to Querying Work Items in Rational Team Concert

But as far as I can tell, you can not query all work items that not have a link. There are limitations for what the query mechanism can support across links. It might be possible to use the Jazz Reporting Service in 6.0 to do that, however I am not sure yet.

Comments
Yaron Norani commented Aug 06 '15, 7:41 a.m. | edited Aug 06 '15, 7:57 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks,

Can you explain whether  "is not part of" criteria can be the solution?

I would like to make sure that all linked tasks are not planned from this Release.

So I use: childer-> planned for "is not part of"  release and sprints.

I suspect that if it finds only one child that meet the criteria it does not check and verify all other tasks.

How can I get more info what is "is not part of" mean ?

I will check JRS as well.

Yaron

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 06 '15, 8:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A timeline is a tree like structure and "is part of" refers to planned for values that are within the iterations that start with the one you select. This allows to select all iterations that make up a release for example, which could include multiple milestones and iterations further below.

Otherwise you would have to manually select all the iterations or just get the one iteration.

This is used always with Planned for, not only in a child.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.